The Skin Care Company welcomes Vitamin A serum to the range.
Vitamin A is one of the most popular ingredients used in serums, night creams and anti aging cosmaceuticals.
Vitamin A is comes from the family of retinoids: Vitamin A, Retinol, Retinaldehyde, Retinoic acid, Retinol Palmitate – these are all are different forms of vitamin A that you might find in beauty products.
The Skin Care Company uses the Retinol Palmitate form of vitamin A, which is the bodies natural storage form of vitamin A. Your body will store the vitamin A in your skin and convert this to the active form (retinoic acid) when required.
Our skin cells are very efficient at this conversion since it has developed enzymes to convert between storage and active forms.
What we use vitamin A for:
- Increasing collagen production and reduce fine lines.
- Helps reduce the symptoms of rosacea by normalizing blood flow.
- Reverse photo aging by reducing wrinkles and smoothing skin texture
- Slow the production of oil in your skin – so great for treating acne and excessively oily skin types.
- Reduce the production of pigmentation cells, therefore reducing the appearance of sun spots/pigmentation.
- Exfoliate the skin to ensure regular cell turnover which will give you a fresher looking skin.
The biggest issue we see with patients using Vitamin A is that they get so excited with the results they’re achieving that they go against all recommendations and guidelines, and start misusing the product.
So, if you’re using a cream or a serum with any form of vitamin A in it, here’s what you need to understand:
- Vitamin A is only to be used at night time. This magic but potent vitamin can make you sun sensitive, so listen to the advice given to you by your clinician or doctor when using Vitamin A and wear an SPF (not just your make-up SPF).
- Also, please don’t drown your skin in the stuff, or you’ll give yourself dermatitis.
- Avoid your eye area and try not to let the cream build up around your nose folds and the creases of your mouth.
- For long term users of this product, we usually recommend to have a break every once in a while.
- Make sure you are wearing a top notch SPF of at least 30+ (buy the new dry touch 50+ SPF here) and reapply!